Let’s take a look at the difference between fep wire and silicone wire? What are the tips for buying fep wires?
Fep wire,refers to a wire made of fep insulating layer and has special high temperature resistance.
The difference between fep wire and silicone wire
1. The surface of the silicone wire is foggy, the color is not too bright, the surface is a little gray, and it will stick to your hands when you touch it; the surface of the fep wire is glossy, and it will be smooth when you touch it by hand.
2. The outer diameter of the silicone wire of the same specification is 0.75 mm, the silicone wire is thicker, and the fep wire is slightly thinner. Compared to silicone wire, fep wire has better electrical properties and the same voltage, so it is thinner.
3.The silicone wire is like a rubber wire, which is very elastic. When you bend it by hand, it will rebound, while the fep wire is harder, and it will deform when you bend it by hand.
4. When you dig the surface of the fep wire by hand, there will generally be a trace, and it is difficult to dig the surface, so the tensile strength is stronger than that of the silicone wire, and the silicone wire will break the skin if you dig lightly, although their extension effect All good, but the tensile strength of the silicone wire is poor.
Compared with ordinary wires, silicone wires have many advantages
1. Excellent weather resistance, UV, O2, O3, salt spray, etc.;
2. Low surface energy, excellent hydrophobicity and hydrophobic migration;
3.Excellent insulation performance, stable dielectric performance in a wide range of temperature and frequency. Arc resistance and leakage resistance are very good;
4.Good high temperature resistance, can be used continuously at 180-200℃. Although the strength of silicone rubber at room temperature is only half of that of natural rubber or some synthetic rubbers, it can still maintain a certain degree of flexibility, resilience and surface hardness in a high temperature environment above 200°C, with no obvious mechanical properties. Variety;
5.Good elasticity, good low temperature flexibility, can be used at -50 ℃. The glass transition temperature of silicone rubber is generally -70~-50℃, and the special formula can reach -100℃, indicating its excellent low temperature performance.
Yangzhou Fongming Cable Factory, high temperature wire and cable manufacturer by your side.
– Yangzhou Fongming Cable Factory
Our main products are: 70-150℃ PVC XLPE irradiation crosslinked wire; 150-200 ℃ silicone wire, silicone cable, 150-250 ℃ Teflon wire, Teflon cable; 350 ℃ fiberglass wire; 450-550 ℃ mica wire; 650-1000 ℃ ultra-high temperature wire; various sensor wires, cables; green energy vehicle cable.